forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Blaschke <mailing-li...@rblasch.org>
Subject Re: Versioned Plugins
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:28:16 GMT
Saturday, June 11, 2005, 1:44:39 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Ron Blaschke wrote:
>> Friday, June 10, 2005, 11:02:52 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>>>Please note that the Plugin system has been upgraded to allow versioned
>>>plugins.
>>
>> I'll upgrade the pod-input plugin as soon as I find time for it, which
>> should be some time next week.

> No rush, the changes are backward compatible since it will fall back to
> the unversioned plugin if no versioned one is available.

That's good.

I've taken a look at the plugins.xml, and the pod-input entry's URL
refers directly to the ZIP, i.e.

    url="http://www.rblasch.org/projects/pod-input/org.rblasch.forrest.plugin.input.pod.zip"

I am wondering if I made a mistake, and the URL should refer to the
directory only, like the others do, i.e.

    url="http://www.rblasch.org/projects/pod-input/"

Any help is highly appreciated.

Ron