forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: [JIRA] Created: (FOR-505) Allow the retrieval of raw html files
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:08:17 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

> Anyway, +1 for implementing it instead of  the skinHTMLSources=true
> workaround.

Pardon my ignorance but is this

> A third possibility that is a marrying of the two is elements in
> site.xml to make it much more like the Ant fileset idea, like this:
>
> <!-- everything in old_site directory -->
> <rawContent dir="/old_site/**"/>
>
> <!-- everything in 0.6_docs, except the forums -->
> <rawContent dir="/0.6_docs/**">
>    <exclude name="forums/**"/>
> </rawContent>
>
> <!-- everything in 0.6_docs, except all files in forums except the
index.html file -->>
> <rawContent dir="/0.6_docs/**">
>    <exclude name="forums/**"/>
>    <exclude name="forums/**/index.html"/>
> </rawContent>
>
> This leaves site.xml easily readable, allows such content to be provided
> in an external file if there is no way of generating it from another
> type of site descriptor file and allows us to describe pages not linked
> to in site.xml.

what we are going to implement now?

And if so, what would it look like if I had raw content in more than
one branch? For example could I have

<rawContent dir="/old_site_1/**"/>

and

<rawContent dir="/old_site_2/**"/>

And would I still have an additional separate entry in the sitemap to
have /old_site_1/index.htm on the menu or would this have to be
within the rawContent element.

Thanks

--
Ferdinand Soethe