forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Review of NOTICE.txt
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:22:44 GMT
On Dom, 12 de Junio de 2005, 3:02, David Crossley dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>
>> I don't see the jfor.jar in the distro, but we state we use it. Perhaps,
>> we should to update the NOTICE.
>
> I think that it might be in a plugin, perhaps in the whiteboard. RTF
> plugin?

Sorry, you are right. I thought we were using FOP, but FOP still does not
support RTF output: http://xml.apache.org/fop/output.html#rtf

Last year, I had the pleasure to meet Bertrand Delacretaz and I asked him
about the jfor future. He told me: "I don't see any reason to continue his
development. RTF is dead or close to be dead, right? ..."

For this reason, I really wonder if FOP some day will support RTF as is
stated on the above link. I must add I don't follow the FOP development,
perhaps somebody else want to share the current RTF status in FOP.

I know this is OT, while we speaks about the NOTICE.txt. I just want to
share this info. ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.