forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject packaging views - how's it work?
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:09:42 GMT
I've taken my first look at views and this is great stuff.  One thing
I don't grasp is how they're "packaged" in the same way that skins
are.  It seems that if I create customizations in
{project-dir}\src\documentation\resources\templates\*.fv or even
FORREST_HOME\build\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml\resources
then I'd want to be able to offer those up to someone else in the same
way that skins can be.  Without a subdirectory for a each named view,
I dont' understand how that happens?  Would one just implement another
viewXYZ / viewHelperXYZ plugin combo?
Thanks,
--tim