forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge locationmap branch with trunk
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 06:11:44 GMT

Tim Williams wrote:

> I personally like a stable trunk -- builds and runs without
> hoop-jumping.

I think it is critical to keep the hoops required to an absolute
minimum for two simple reasons:

- even well documented hoops take time each time I set up a new
  instance of Forrest (ok, this doesn't apply for this one necessarily)
  for some ad hoc testing thus making such tests more expensive and my
  less likely to do them.

- the more complicated the handling of trunk becomes, the less likely
  we will get entry level users to try a release before it is actually
  released thus reducing the scope of our tests.

So I'd try and look for a good balance.

--
Ferdinand Soethe