forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Donation of servlet control code (for Eclipse plugin)
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:03:56 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

>>>Sorry, Lazy, I will sort that out today.
>>
>>Done.
>

> Thanks, that is quite an effort i know.
>

>>A couple of jars are still without version numbers as I can't find what
>>version they are.
>

> Which makes it obvious why we need such metadata about the jars.
> Oh well, next time we update them, we can assign better filenames.
>
> Another topic for later:
> Should we be keeping better track of our supporting jars
> like Cocoon does: http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/installing/jars.html
> The page is generated from xml and the build system, verifies that
> each jar has an entry in the table.

+1

> Another aspect to this licensing job is to review each license
> to see if there are any other conditions that they specify, such
> as asking for attribution in the NOTICE.txt at our top-level.
> All seems okay.

Thank you for checking

> However, activation.jar is a worry.
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/standard-sun-jar-names.html
> We need to tell people to download that separately.
> Sounds like the beginning of the user documentation for our
> Eclipse plugin.

I wondered about this jar, so I did a search and found it in an ASF
repo, somewhere in Jakarta. I have to admit I had just assumed that they
had verified the license.

The above link does seem to indicate it cannot be included. I'm busy now
till next week, I will look into this further next week.

Ross