forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse based site.xml editor (Re: Requesting Comments on Eclipse Plugin Deliverables)
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:06:17 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Well, in that case I would avoid EMF for this instance and we need not
> consider whether site.xml is to have a DTD or not. Just a tree editor
> with configurable properties on each node will do just fine.

the completely free-form site.xml where each node can have pretty much
any element name doesn't lend itself to a schema / DTD easily. maybe it
would be useful to revisit that decision and switch to a system where
you have

<node id="uniqueid" href="index.html" label="About"/>

this would also enforce that each node has a unique id and is therefore
addressable by site:uniqueid

WDYT?