forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Eclipse plugin update site
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:25:22 GMT
(see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-557)

I've never built an update site for Eclipse so I have a few questions
about how this works.

Looking at your patches to the above issue I see that there are two
files, the site.xml file seems to define how the update site is to be
structured and the feature.xml file seems to define how the Forrest
feature is collated together.

What concerns me is that your instructions say that I should put the
update site in SVN, however, this has three jars within it that are all
built from other code we have available to us (Burrokeet Servlet control
plugin, soon to be donated here, forrest plugin and the new forrest
feature you have created). This seems to be a waste of resources.

As you can see I have restructured the SVN to allow us to keep the
various plugins and features you will be building in a logically
structured way.

Having done this it seems to me that the site.xml file should now go in
the root of our tools/eclipse folder and therefore reuse the
plugins/features from tools/eclipse/plugins and tools/eclipse/features.

Is this correct?

In addition I have now moved the Servlet controller code from Burrokeet
to the Forrests SVN and updated the Plugin code accordingly. We now need
to make the update site use this code rather than the deprecated
Burrokeet code.

Ross