forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] merge locationmap branch with trunk
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:03:05 GMT
With 0.7 finally out (congratulations everyone by the way, great work).

I'd like to take a vote on merging the locationmap branch with trunk.
The changes over there are:

Locationmap
-----------

This is pretty much functional, but not in any way complete. There are a
couple of outstanding patches from Tim Williams that extend
functionality (sorry Tim I will apply them very soon, I've been quite
distracted by other things lately).

The locationmap is backward compatible with 0.7, although the error
returned for missing documents is currently a little confusing, this
should be improved as a matter of urgency.

-----

Lots of work has been happening on views over there. These are totally
optional as they are whiteboard plugins.

Daisy Plugin
------------

This is version 0.2-dev of the daisy plugin. It is a whiteboard plugin
and uses the locationmap to determine where to retrieve files. 0.3 will
then go on to retrieve the XML flies from the repository rather than
retrieve the HTML files from the wiki application.

As far as I am aware there are no changes that will break existing
sites. However, you may want to test this before voting (I have not
tested this before calling the vote but you can assume I will do so
before actually merging).

Of course I am +1 for this merge.

Ross