forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: testing rc3
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:53:40 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>>I tested rc3 on Mac OS X. Java 1.4.2_05
>>
>>The usual things worked well and i also did the DocBook/XSL test
>>and the "Download DTD" example. I have not yet tried the forrestbot.
>>
>>However i had some trouble with deploying a webapp under a full Jetty.
>>
>>The default seed site my-project.war was okay, but the war from
>>site-author was broken with a Cocoon error ...
>>request-uri: /forrest/index.html
>>cause:
>>/private/tmp/Jetty__36366__forrest/webapp/project/skinconf.xml (No such file or directory)
>>
>>I wonder if some configuration is not being handled, because
>>our skinconf.xml is at a non-standard location.
>

> FOR-551 non-standard "project.content-dir=." does not get packed with WAR archive
>

>>Another issue: The core DTDs are fine, but additional DTDs are not
>>being handled via a webapp, e.g. the "Download DTD" example or
>>DTDs from plugins.
>

> That is three separate issues and each has a workaround or a solution ...
>
> FOR-548 project DTD catalogs are not included when running as a servlet WAR
>
> FOR-549 plugin DTD catalogs are not included when running as a servlet WAR"
>
> FOR-550 build/plugins/catalog.xcat has full pathnames to each individual
> plugin catalog.xcat

Well spotted David, how come you are so thorough, would you care to be
cloned? Every Apache project needs at least one of you.

So this is not a blocker then, we should add a FAQ to our live website.
Perhaps we should start a "known problems" section in the FAQ and add a
step to the release process to verify that entries there are still relevant.

Ross