forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dick Hollenbeck <d...@softplc.com>
Subject Re: FOR 363
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:01:26 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>

>>Ross Gardler wrote:
>>

>>>There is a typo in the patch:
>>>
>>>match="section/document//figure[starts-with(@src,
>>>'my-images')]"|img[starts-with(@src, 'my-images')]"
>>>            .
>>>           /|\
>>>

>>fixed thanks!
>>

>>>I've not tested the solution, but it looks sensible.
>>>

>>if no one has other objection i will apply it tonight.
>>

>Note that Dirk reported problems at FOR-363
>
>Dirk, did you add jimi.jar or JAI to get PNGs in PDFs?
>http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/faq.html#pdf_images
>
>-David

Darid,

Thank you for your follow up.   Instead of Jimi, I had JAI in

    $FORREST/lib/optional/{jai_codec.jar,jai_core.jar}

and this did not render the PNG in the whole-site.pdf.

However, just now after this step:

    "Unpack the Jimi distribution and copy JimiProClasses.zip to
$FORREST/lib/optional/jimi-1.0.jar"

along with the Jun/05 5:03 PM patch, and PNG's are now OK in
whole-site.pdf properly.

Evidently JAI has some compatibility issues or it needs to be put
elsewhere to work.  It's been months since I installed JAI and removed
Jimi, reason being that Jimi was not putting the PNG into the
whole-site.pdf under 0.7 at that time (maybe because of missing patch).
Now PNG's seem to work.

There could still be an issue with JAI, but patch and Jimi make me happy.

Thanks,

Dick  a.k.a  Dirk