forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] build patch Re: testing 0.7rc1 - build failed
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:13:26 GMT
Thread moved to dev list, please direct replies there.

Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> David Crossley wrote:

>>> Thanks for testing. Yes i get that too.
>>

>> I don't see that behaviour in today's trunk (r190851).
>> So i presume that it is fixed.
>

> No it is not fixed. The plugins/index.html file is generated from the
> plugins.xml file in the plugins directory. This has not been included in
> the build and so it is missing. It works with trunk because you have it
> checked out.
>
> I will alter the build file so that the plugins subdirectory, the
> plugins.xml, the build.xml and the plugin-template are all present in
> the distribution. This will allow users to build plugins.

Hmmm... correction (I had guessed this was the problem)...

In actual fact *all* plugins files *except* the ones needed were being
copied into the distribution.

The plugin source files should not be in the distribution, but instead
should be downloaded on demand by Forrest.

I've created a small patch (see attached) for the build file that
exludes all plugins except the PDF output plugin (since ths is enabled
by default on a new site) and includes the missing files that caused the
above problem.

I will apply this patch tomorrow AM (GMT) assuming that nobody casts a -1

Ross