forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: versioned plugin docs (Was: svn commit: r190111)
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:17:36 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>>Summarising ...
>>
>>http://f.a.o/docs_0_60/ will refer to the documentation for Forrest V0.6
>>http://f.a.o/docs_0_70/ will refer to the documentation for Forrest V0.7
>>http://f.a.o/docs_0_80/ will refer to the documentation for Forrest V0.8
>>
>>There will no longer be the "current version" at f.a.o/docs/
>>
>>Assuming that FOR-544 goes ahead:
>>
>>http://f.a.o/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/index.html will be the index of valid plugins

>>for the 0.7 version of Forrest
>>http://f.a.o/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/index.html will be the index of valid plugins

>>for the 0.8 version of Forrest
>>
>>http://f.a.o/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/PLUGINNAME will be the latest docs for the most

>>recent release of the indicated plugin for version 0.7 of Forrest
>>http://f.a.o/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/PLUGINNAME will be the latest docs for the most

>>recent release of the indicated plugin for version 0.8 of Forrest
>

> Now i have a question about the "Plugins" tab of the documentation as shown
> in release candidate rc1 and of course the current trunk.
>
> It currently points to /docs/plugins/index.html and shows the plugins that are
> available for the current release. So does that now need to be changed to be
> rather /pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/index.html ?
>
> Also there are two other docs referred to on its menu:
> usingPlugins.html
> pluginInfrastructure.html
>
> Should those two documents be also inside /pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/
> because they may change over time.

index.xml is generated dynamically in sitemap.xmap from the plugins.xml
file. This can go anywhere as long as the match is changed in sitemap.xmap

The two others are Forrest documents and in my opinion should be
versioned. They were in the versioned documents but Ferdinand moved them
out and I gave up trying to convince him they should be left in since he
had many other more important distractions at the time.

I suppose they could go into the versioned plugin docs directories.

Ross