forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r190796 - in /forrest/trunk: main/fresh-site/forrest.properties main/webapp/sitemap.xmap site-author/status.xml
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 06:34:49 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>>Author: cheche
>>>Date: Wed Jun 15 12:53:39 2005
>>>New Revision: 190796

>>>Log:
>>>Add a config selector so the i18n transformer only works whrn i18n is true
>>>

>>We are in a code freeze. This looks like a non-essential commit to me.
>>Should it be reverted?
>

> I don't profess to know anything about i18n, but part of this commit
> looks like a bugfix (skins/common/messages/ => /translations/).
> The remainder looks like an efficiency issue, which might be relevant.
> Please explain a bit more Cheche.

sure,
there are two issues:

1) (skins/common/messages/ => /translations/)

The new directory to keep the commomMessages_{language}.xml is under
skins/commons/translations so it the same as the project language files
that are under {project.home}/src/documentation/translations

2) I18nTransformer that was added for the skins messages did not check
if a i18n property was set to true, so in the case that you are building
a English site within a foreigner locale, then the messages would be
translated which is wrong.

Cheers,
cheche