forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r190831 - in /forrest/site/pluginDocs: ./ readme.txt
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:59:04 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> I might be on the wrong track, but i thought that we were going to
> have versioned plugin docs like site/plugins_0_70 and site/plugins_0_80/

You are right, but it is a problem for me to implement this with the way
the plugin build system works. I don't have the time to change the whole
build system right now. It is much easier for me to deploy to
site/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70 and site/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80

I could make it go into the root, but it would mean checking out the
whole SVN repository rather than just the pluginDocs directory. In my
opinion this is a waste of everyones resources and especially bandwidth.

I don't percieve a problem with this since the only direct links to
plugins are via the plugins.xml file which is being updated accordingly.

I've uploaded the patch to SVN and am about to call a vote on the patch
so if you think there is a problem please raise it in that thread.

Ross