forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nico Veenkamp <>
Subject [testing 0.7rc1] First test
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:26:03 GMT

I did a quick test of the 0.7rc1. Please find my findings. Let me know
if you want to have the testresults in a different format or noted
somewhere else.

test of Forrest 0.7 rc1
testing environment:
Hardware: Acer Travelmate 4001 WLMI running Ubuntu "Hoary"
#uname -a
Linux acer-ubuntu 2.6.10-5-386 #1 Tue Jun 7 08:26:42 UTC 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
#java -version
java version "1.5.0_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_02-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_02-b09, mixed mode, sharing)

- Downloading and unpacking the tarball went without a problem
- created FORREST_HOME environment variables
- cd to forrest/site-author
- do forrest run
- open browser with localhost:8888
- site is shown in the browser.

- cd to forrest/site-author
- do forrest
[note: the build was broken off due to an error. Could not find the
error. Is there a log where I can find in detail the messages that were
generated during the build?]
- open index.html in a browser
- site is shown in the browser
- randomly selected PDF's opened in xpdf.

Will do a more thorough test later.

Nico Veenkamp
Open Source Solutions for Internet (OSSFI)
T: 06-53193353

View raw message