forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merging view package to locationmap
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:13:38 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> I am just starting to look into the locationmap. I want to merge the
> view package from trunk to the locationmap branch but it did not work.
>
> I used
> svn merge -r
> 179780:190183 /home/thorsten/apache/forrest-trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
>
> within the locationmap branch, that is what I understood from
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/re16.html
>
> ..but the result I get with 'svn st' is not what I expected. I removed
> files and not added any. :(
>
> Can somebody give me advice how I can merge the trunk (all 3 view
> plugins) to the locationmap branch?

If you are going to merge I would recommend merging the whole lot. Saves
us having different base revisions for different parts of the tree.

With respect to how see:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch04s04.html

In particular I note that you are using the wrong base revision (see the
tip near the top of this page for how I know this)

Ross