forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gre...@apache.org>
Subject using lenya / forrest for ubuntu documentation?
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 17:00:03 GMT
hello ubuntu community,

i just came across

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/DocumentationTeamMeetingSummary4

especially:

The meeting quickly reviewed the requirements at DocTeamWebPortal. Sean
said that Docbook Wiki had been hopeless but that Apache Lenya was 90%
there. He said that the only thing needed was development time to extend
the editors for structured authoring. Noone was able to estimate the
development time needed. Corey said that MarkShuttleworth had not given
any specific limits on the amount of development he was prepared to
commit and that therefore the development should be proposed and
Canonical could take it from there. Mary reminded Corey of her message
re JeffWaugh (if someone mails Jeff a proposal, he can advise how best
to push it into the appropriate Canonical channels). Corey wanted Sean
to follow up with Jeff because Sean has done the research into possible
portals.
<<

i wanted to alert you guys to an ongoing development over at the ASF. we
are in the process of eating our own dogfood, and making steps toward a
documentation system that might fit your bill:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Doco

more specifically, we are starting small by collaborating between
forrest and lenya to get something up quickly, and eventually converge
on the goals described in the Doco proposal.

i invite you to help shape it (or even lurk ;)

here are some threads to get started:

best,

-gregor

ps: i'm not subscribed to your list