forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugin installation question
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:07:54 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> Should the samples in
> plugins\o.a.f.*\src\documentation\content\xdocs\*  copy over to
> project:content.xdocs during installation?  I'm adding the reference
> to the required plugin and it seems to get installed properly based on
> functionality but I had to manually copy over the docs.

No, this would result in Forrest adding content to its own system. Not good.

To view the docs for a plugin simply cd to the plugin src directory and
do "forrest run" or "forrest site" as normal.

In additiona, all docs are available online, linked from the plugins
index page at http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/plugins/index.html
(this page is also included in a fresh-site)

 > I recommend adding some
> clarification to:
> http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/plugins/usingPlugins.html

OK.

> I can add a simple section after "How is a plugin installed?" to
> explain that one needs to copy them over to see a working sample.
> Just let me know...

Does the above tell you what needs to be added?

Ross