forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: release plan for 0.7
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 16:15:21 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>Here is my proposal for the release plan. If people have
>>>any concerns with the plan, then please raise them now.
>>>
>>>Code freeze and testing starts on Sunday 2005-06-12 at 14:00 UTC [1].
>>>
>>>During "code freeze" we cannot add any new functionality, just bug
>>>fixes and documentation tweaks [4].
>>
>>Does this also apply to the locationmap branch, that is "branch" in note
>>[4] means the release branch and trunk, it has nothing to do with other
>>branches.
>

> It meant to refer to trunk and release branch. Other branches are
> free to carry on.
>
> However, don't take "code-freeze" too literally. We should define
> what it means. I reckon that it means no new functionality,
> because that could introduce new bugs. Doing bug fixing if they
> are substantial bugs. What else? Does the cleanup of the sitemaps
> qualify? If done carefully, then probably okay. WDOT?

I'd prefer to be a little more restrictive than allowing the sitemap
restructuring. As I understand it, and would prefer it, even a minor
commit will result in us (you?) having to rebuild the release
distribution and us retesting.

In other words. Code-Freeze should mean *no* non-essential commits,
which means bug fixes only (which will include corrections to docs).
There should be no code enhancements (which means no sitemap refactoring).

We can do a 0.7.1 which includes the sitemap refactoring and the cocoon
related issues once Cocoon head reaches a stable state again.

Ross