forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anyone working on "Need better documentation explaining tabs"?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 16:05:22 GMT
Ayush Gupta wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is anyone currently working on the "Need better
> documentation explaining how to use tabs" issue as
> listed in the Issue Navigator - ASF Jira (FOR 511).
> The ASF JIRA said nobody is assigned the issue and
> that it is still unresolved. I have myself encountered
> this problem many times while working. Hence, I am
> quite keen to solve this issue so that it does not irk
> others in future while working.
>
> If nobody is working, then I would like to work on
> this with Mr. Ross Gardler as my mentor for the Google
> Summer of Code 2005 program.

As I explained to you offlist, I do not think this is sufficient for a
SoC proposal for two reasons, it simply is not large enough.

We would welcome a proposal that will develop the documentation in
general, but it would need to be much more than just documenting one
small part.

David recently posted a mail to this list about a set of How-To's we'd
like to see developed. I can't find it right now but you should be able
to find it in the archives.

Ross