forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sitemap ?issues?.. maybe..
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 12:13:05 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Tim Williams wrote:
>
>> Currently, in most, but not all of the subsitemaps there are duplicate
>> transformer, generator, serializer declarations.
>> Anyone know why this is the way it is?
>

> There were some discussion about it.  some developers where againts it.
> That is why there were not removed.
>

> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=106006646711892&w=2
>

> anyway, I am +1 on putting common definitions on sitemap.xmap.

With repsect to the above thread which says "Putting subsitemap
component definitions in the root sitemap breaks the separation of
concerns between sitemaps" this issue is now addressed with plugins.
That is the concerns should be separated into a plugin. This will mean
that we *will* have duplication of definiitons across plugins, but
because plugin sitemaps clearly separate out chunks of functionlaity
this will not be a problem to developers and will address the issues
highlighted in the above thread.

For what is left behind in core I would be +1 for common components in
the root sitemap.

Ross