forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more locationmap questions
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:31:10 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> The way I understand it we're not depending on LinkRewriterTransformer
> to resolve "lm" links so I don't understand why adding it to it's
> schemes could help?  Not a big deal I guess it seems to work either
> way, but looking at this below I don't understand why it's necessary
> as it seems like it'd never get used.

See the demo for the locationmap in fresh-site (locationmap branch
obviously). There is an example of link rewriting too, so we are using
it. It's just that the kind of work you are doing is not using it.

However, I'm not sure of the utility of this feature. The demo is there
because it works and might be useful, but we should recognise that it
duplicates the site: and ext: functionality. Perhaps we will deprecate
site: and ext:, perhaps we will remove lm rewriting. That will be for
discussion before we merge the branch with trunk. Right now I do not
want to divert too much attention from the 0.7 release for this.

I'll raise an issue (and I'll add a locationmap component)

Ross