forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUMMARY] Re: [PROPOSAL] A CMS for our Docs
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 11:06:17 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:

>>>It sounds brilliant.
>>
>>Indeed!
>>

>>>The part that i like most is that each project
>>>is focussing on their own tools, we are not duplicating, and we are
>>>collaborating.
>>
>>David, it seems Ross cracked open the coconut [1] and we now have
>>opensource nirvana. Cool beans! :-)
>>
>>[1] Since sayings are so different from place to place, I am inventing
>>my own, so all will be equally disoriented ;-)
>

> Yes, i do get your drift (i.e. know what you mean).
>
> Hey Ross, do coconut milk and Whiskey mix? If so then i'll buy you
> one or two at ApacheCon. If not, then still, name your poison.

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a snob [1] when it comes to whiskey - nothing
but a splash of water in the best single malt available is all that will
do. However, coconut water and rum, now that works well, is much
cheaper, and I don't have to be snobbish about it ;-)

(incidentally, Nicola, I'm afraid I heard that saying in Trinidad - it
refers to being totally parched in the sun with nothing to drink but
Coconut Water, which can only be found in the green nuts, which are 40
feet in the air, still on the palm trees.)

Ross

[1] For the non-English speakers you may need this, snob is not a common
word, at least in the UK, anymore:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=snob