forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest + Lenya (Re: [PROPOSAL] A CMS for our Docs)
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 08:21:58 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
>> so initially, people could write documents in lenya, publish them, and
>> then head over to forrest(bot?) to slurp all these pages in?
>

> My personal view is not to use the Forrestbot, but to
> mod_proxy/mod_cache a live Forrest instance that gets files from a
> published Lenya pubblication. In this way, publishing in Lenya is the
> only step needed to... publish :-)

OK - as long as someone shows me how when the time comes.

This would mean published docs in Lenya that are already *approved* for
publication in the final docs would automatically appear. New published
docs in lenya would need adding to the relevant site.xml for the real
docs, this is the point at which we bring order to the chaos (the
http://www.answers.com order to the http://www.wikipedia.org chaos)

> Aditionally, what we would need is just to add an _edit_ link to each
> Forrest page that points to the url Lenya uses for editing.

Currently this is done through filter XSL's (see the daisy plugin in the
locationmap branch), but I think views may provide a better solution.
It's on my todo list.

> Looking at the Doco document [1] I see that Lenya and Forrest are not
> directly interacting, as both talk to a common repository.

The wiki is down at the moment. I'll come back to the rest of this mail
later.

Ross