forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about the release instructions
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:45:11 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>Ross Gardler wrote:
>>>
>>>The new ability might assist, but we still need the RELEASE-NOTES-0.7.txt
>>>file.
>>
>>cd FORREST_HOME/site-author
>>forrest run
>>http://localhost:8888/releaseNotes_0.7-dev.txt
>>
>>What's missing from this document, I'll fix it while you folk work on
>>other things.
>>
>>(note when the version number in status.xml has been changed then
>>request http://localhost:8888/releaseNotes_0.7.txt, the warning about
>>developer version will go and the version numbers will be right)
>

> The trouble is (and this is why i have been saying lets stick with the
> old manual method for now) that the build system grabs a copy of
> the file RELEASE-NOTES-0.7.txt and packs it into the top-level of the
> distribution. I don't feel like fiddling with the build system at
> this stage. There is plenty more important to concentrate on.

I was thinking one would manually request
http://localhost:8888/releaseNotes_0.7.txt and save as
/etc/RELEASE-NOTES-0.7.txt.

The whole purpose of this was that it automatically collates the
important changes together for you. Of course, the old release notes
didn't have these items, but I feel they are important, anyway. It's up
to you.

Ross