forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about the release instructions
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:11:49 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

>>>Ross: Is this the part that you have automated? If so, can you pls
>>>provide me with new instructions.
>>
>>Yes: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=111695995215534&w=2
>>
>>Be aware of http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-514?page=all,
>>however, this patch need not be applied for our release (since the
>>current behaviour is OK for our limited use case).
>

> The new ability might assist, but we still need the RELEASE-NOTES-0.7.txt file.

cd FORREST_HOME/site-author
forrest run
http://localhost:8888/releaseNotes_0.7-dev.txt

What's missing from this document, I'll fix it while you folk work on
other things.

(note when the version number in status.xml has been changed then
request http://localhost:8888/releaseNotes_0.7.txt, the warning about
developer version will go and the version numbers will be right)

>>Well you can do this, you will need
>

> Not sure what Ross' unfinished statement is.

I think I fell asleep at the keyboard at that point.

I have no idea what I was saying. :-( As my grandfather used to say, if
you've forgotten it then it wasn't important, but I think he may have
forgotten what its like to have a six month child by then ;-)

Ross