forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject [SUMMARY] Re: [PROPOSAL] A CMS for our Docs
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:38:27 GMT
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> As mentioned I want to see the ability to work offline in the users
>> preferred tool (a requirement of my work on the Digital Divide). Maybe
>> we can make your wish come true eventually, the way I see it is we
>> need to make Lenya use SVN as a repository. But that will come much
>> later I am sure.
>

> indeed, that dovetails with the outline i posted at
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lenya-dev/200505.mbox/%3c4293FE22.3050000@apache.org%3e

Excellent. I think I can try and summarise this thread and lay out a
course of action.

a) The Lenya team host a version of Lenya in their Zone for the use of
Forrest (whether this means a separate instance or a publication within
your own documentation instance is up to you).

b) Forrest work on the static publication part (locationmap + views +
forrestbot)

c) We get Lenya writing to SVN in order to allow people to use their
preferred tools to edit rather than be forced to use a web interface

d) we experiment in order to find the correct access rights and
publishing workflow

e) we take this solution to infra@a.o as a potential apache wide effort

Does this sound OK?

Ross