forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Forrest + Lenya (Re: [PROPOSAL] A CMS for our Docs)
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:05:39 GMT
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> When you have a little demo going pass me a URL for a demo page that
>> has no navigation, I'll add it to the sample in the locationmap branch
>> (we don't have images working yet, but it should only be a sitemap
>> addition).
>

> http://lenya.zones.apache.org:8888/default/live/index.html with navigation,
>
> http://lenya.zones.apache.org:8888/default/live/index.html?raw=true
> without.
>
> note that this is just a quick stylesheet hack, not permanent.

OK, along the same theme of quick hacks I've put a simple demo together
for you. To see it you need to checkout the locationmap_branch of
Forrest. Seed a fresh site, do "forrest run" and look at the locaitonmap
sample (last item in the samples menu).

There are a few things to note here:

Lenya uses tables to do layout of the page (shame on you). As a result
you can see the table borders (this is a stylesheet issue).

There are no headings in the page you provide as a demo, so no sections
are defined, so no TOC. This has highlighted a bug in our skin that
places the TOC horizontal rules in place, even if no TOC is present.

The image does not work yet. There are two reasons for this:

a) it is an absolute URL and we need to rewrite these so that the
locationmap will match them

b) I've not enabled the locationmap for resources yet

For a) you could have a look at the Daisy plugin (in the whiteboard of
the locationmap branch). This provides pre and post filters to documents
retrieved from daisy for doing things like URL rewriting and adding
additional content (such as a disclaimer that the content is from a
remote site, a license, a link back to the edit page for the document,
that kind of thing). I suspect that the way I am doing this stuff will
change when I find the time to get to grips with views.

Although a long way from perfect I hope this is enough to illustrate how
to do the integration (see I told you it was easy with the locationmap :-))

Ross