forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] A CMS for our Docs
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:27:26 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> edit ->> review changes -> publish/reject
>
> I like the idea to trial run this for a while w/o touching the real
> docs. Seems like the best way to explore all the dimensions of this
> complex change.

+1

> I still don't like the fact that it is online editing only but
> perhaps I'm the only one still on a dial up line ...

I don't think you are the only one. Even if you are, many of us work
while traveling, so it is still an issue.

Burrokeet has many users in the developing world (I started the project
whilst living in Trinidad and Tobago). As a result one of our goals is
to provide full offline editing for an online CMS system with Forrest as
the publishing engine. However, I have to admit, it is fairly low on the
todo list. I'd be glad to work with Lenya to solve this problem once we
have something up and running and the initial integration stuff is done.

>>Furthermore, I am not talking about open editing like wikipedia (which
>

> No, but I'd like to raise this as one of the questions here. Do we
> really need to maintain tight control or would something like wikipedia work
> for us as well?

Lets return to that when we have a system in place. I know many will
resist totally open access, Spam is a real pain.

Ross