forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] A CMS for our Docs
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:24:59 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> I think this is worth considering.
>
> It certainly would make corrections and minor adjustments a lot
> easier.
>
> As far as new docs are concerned, it would be nice if we could provide
> a basic structure for new docs to snap in. The ability to freely add
> new docs in my experience leads to a maze rather then a web of
> documentation and is not soo desirable or helpful.

Are you volunteering? I'm not, but I agree with your intent.

> I also have some questions regarding this
>
> - can we still write documents off-line and upload them into the
>   daisy-system? If so, what input format would be required?

Yes, and no.

The yes is you could write the content in your favourite editor then
paste it into the the editor. However, this would walk all over the
version control stuff in Daisy. I you need to work this way then you
need SVN.

It wouldn't be a problem for new documents though.

It is a goal of the Burrokeet project to integrate Daisy in such a way
that offline editing of repositories. However, it is quite a long way
down the todo list right now.

> - does daisy offer spell checking online?

Not yet, it is on the roadmap, but not scheduled for a particular
release yet.

Ross