forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: preview of new skin
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 20:55:11 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm working on a new skin using views/viewHelper. Its nothing
> fantastic. Just has the following goals:
>
> o minimalistic, yet functional view
> o use as few images as possible (read none, apart from the txt/pdf icons)
> o render reliably across majority of browsers.
>
> You can check it out on my home page:
> http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker/index.html
>
> Its still very much under development and needs a lot of polishing
> still. So I'll appreciate any comments and feedback :)

I *really* like it. Especially if it is using views. Fantastic!

Some observations:

http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker/articles/index.html The first bullet in
  the lists (not the TOC) have a blank line.

http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker/articles/why-forrest.html (and many
other pages) there is a change in font towards the end of "Take One". I
think this is to do with an unclosed anchor in the TOC.

I'm not sure I like the visited links font, it seems to get lost
alongside the unvisited links. However, I understand why you have done
this and I may grow to like it. Perhaps the contrast between visited and
unvisited links is just a bit too extreme.

Overall a superb skin, and very exciting because it is built with views
rather than the "old fashioned" skinning system.

Ross