forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Locationmap now works for repositories
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 00:10:38 GMT
Well Zeph, my son, had a nightmare so I'm wide awake in the middle of
the night (again), as a result I spent some time on the Locationmap branch.

The good news is that it now works for generating files from a
repository. I've created a demo within fresh-site (in the locationmap
branch). The demo shows how to do link rewriting and how to retrieve
content from a remote repository without having to encode the location
of the repository or the path to the file within it in the Forrest site URL.

This is pretty powerful stuff. It means we can create single sites from
multiple repositories, whether they be local, remote or a combination of
the two.

Next stage is for me to make the Daisy plugin work with the locationmap.

I can't remember who wrote the locationmap code it was so long ago. I
wish I had had the itch to play with it a long time ago. In my opinion
this is going to be another key feature of Forrest.

The future of Forrest looks bright:

- Plugins
- Locationmaps

this is killer stuff!