forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling raw HTML
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 13:42:00 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> I would like to suggest yet another alternative for 0.7 for the issue of
> raw HTML. This would be one in the form of a FAQ, a link to the FAQ from
> the upgrade doc and a demo in fresh-site - in other words there is no
> complex implementation to hold 0.7 up further.
>
> The FAQ would give the following sitemap match which should be placed in
> the project sitemap in order to duplicate the 0.6 behaviour.
>
> <map:match pattern="**.html">
>   <map:select type="exists">
>     <map:when test="{project:content}{0}">
>       <map:read src="{project:content}/{0}" mime-type="text/html"/>
>       <!--
>         Use this instead if you want JTidy to clean up your HTML
>         <map:generate type="html" src="{project:content}/{0}" />
>         <map:serialize type="html"/>
>       -->
>     </map:when>
>   </map:select>
> </map:match>

> I'm going to implement this unless someone spots a fatal flaw in my plan
> (lazy consensus is in operation)

I know I have only let a day go by, but I am truly convinced this is the
best solution for 0.7 so I've gone ahead an implemented it. If anyone
does object or find a problem I will take the responsibility to revert
the changes.

In the meantime I would appreciate it if some could test I have
correctly emulated the 0.6 behaviour and see if the docs in fresh-site
are clear. I still have to do the FAQ and the update document.

Ross