forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Locationmap branch
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 19:16:10 GMT
As requested I have set up a branch with my experiments with the
locationmap. This branch is *not* to be used for any real work as I have
done little testing. It is merely for experimentation right now.

However, I do need the locationmap working in order to properly develop
the Daisy plugin. So things will progress over there.

At present there is a new demo page in fresh-site on that branch (see
last menu item in samples). This is intended to document the working
features. Which currently is only the link rewriting.

There is no documentation for the locationmap at present except that
page and

If you take a look at the changes to forrest.xconf you will see a FIXME
regarding the location of the locationmap file. I don't know how to
define it within xconf from a property set in I
suspect you can't and we will have to change the implementation of the
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.LocationMapModule to accept it as a
parameter from the sitemap.

Currently it will only work if you do "forrest run" within the
FORREST_HOME/main/fresh-site directory

If anyone wants to have a play around with this branch I'll do my best
to answer questions, but I'm not exactly familiar with it right now.

View raw message