forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: [JIRA] Created: (FOR-505) Allow the retrieval of raw html files
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 20:18:42 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>[ snip ]
>>We could add a new skinconf property to define the behaviour for *.html
>>files in xdocs we can tell people affected by this issue to make their
>>embedded content ihtml and their raw content html. i.e.
>><!-- HTML files in the XDoc directory can  wither be passed unprocessed
>>to the client, or they can be skinned like any other content. If you set
>>this setting to false, you can include skinned files by giving them the
>>ihtml extension. -->
>>The result is, setting skinHTML to false will give the same behaviour as
>>0.6 We could make this the default in order to minimise the upgrade
> If we implement this workaround, then i reckon that the default
> should be "true". It would be easier to explain the "false" case
> and it would be a smaller number of people affected.
> However, it forces them to change their filename extensions.
> That would be difficult for the main use-case, which is to include
> a set of existing *.html docs as part of the site.
> The thread "RT: RAW content" that is linked from issue FOR-505
> ended with an interesting idea about using site.xml to specify
> exclude/include patterns.
> It seems to be independent from the "locationmap" ideas discussed
> earlier in that thread. Would that be better to implement now,
> rather than the skinHTMLSources=true workaround?

Wow, that is the most focused rambling thread I have read for a long
time, all that discussion to come around to such an elegant solution.
Kudos to everyone involved (and thank goodness for mail archives, I had
completely forgotten the whole thing). A tip for the wary read the first
few and the last email, skip everything in between it goes round many
houses to get to the last mail.

Anyway, +1 for implementing it instead of  the skinHTMLSources=true

I'm game for having a go at it, but I'm not sure when I will be able to
so others should feel free to jump in.

View raw message