forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: [views] Skin updated
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 09:44:28 GMT

Diwaker Gupta wrote:

> I have updated the skin as per feedback:

that was quick. hardly enough time to start nagging :-)

> Check it out here:
> http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker/

> Changes:
> o now the skin uses a single color for links. the red for current link
> is gone since the square brackets seem to convey the message

Looks good. But now the formerly red items are black. You might want
to decide to either make them blue (like all other menu items) or make
all other menu items blue for calmer appearance of the menus.

> o link hover is indicated by underline only. the bold-ness has gone
> away since that disturbed the formatting of text, distracting the
> viewer

My links are still very bold. See screenshot sent by pm.

> o rendering on wide screens was problematic because of too long lines.
> right now the skin uses a maximum of 800 px screen space. if there's
> more, it won't take it. if there's less, it will adjust :)

Looks better. Though there seems to be an item with the tabs at some
sizes. Might help to just set right text margin and leave white box
full width.

See screenshot sent by pm.

--
Ferdinand Soethe