forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Donation of servlet control code (for Eclipse plugin)
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 02:09:23 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> The Burrokeet project (http://www.burrokeet.org) voted to donate their
> Servlet controller code to the Apache Forrest project. This code
> improves the way that the Forrest Eclipse Plugin starts and stops the
> Jetty server. The Forrest code was already dependant on the Burrokeet
> code, but Burrokeet only uses it in conjunction with Forrest. Therefore,
> in order to remove the dependency of Forrest on Burrokeet the code has
> been donated here.
>
> I have relicensed the code (I was the previous Copyright holder) and
> committed it to
> tools/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.forrest.eclipse.servletEngine
>
> This resolves issue FOR-503

Thanks.

I see a number of issues:
* duplicate jars, we already have some of them in forrest core.
* jars without accompanying licenses.
* jar filenames not following our naming convention.
* compiled classes were committed together with a "build" directory
at plugins/org.apache.forrest.eclipse.servletEngine/build/org/burrokeet/
* bad URL for License in features/org.apache.forrest.eclipse.feature/feature.xml
* Two references to org.burrokeet (in feature.xml and NewProjectWizard.java).
* bloated distribution.

This commit r202158 added a huge quantity of data.
Our svn checkout was 132816 kb before and 144516 kb after
(an increase of 9%). We already have problems with the size
of the distribution due to all the Cocoon stuff.

-David