forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject various seed sites (Was: [VOTE] merge locationmap branch with trunk)
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:25:16 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > I hadn't thought of that, but it triggered another requirement in my
> > mind, which happens to provide a solution.
> I might add the need for a simple minimum seed for people who want to
> start a fresh site w/o having to move all our demo junk out of it
> first
> perhaps some custom targets for common applications such as
> - myPersonalForrestHomepage
> - myForrestBusinessSite
> with a few prefab pages that can be filled by a novice user.

Yes, the ability to have various seed sites should be an important
feature of our next release. We have talked about it a bit before.
We should create a Jira issue so that it gets on the roadmap.

Another requirement from the previous discussion was the ability
to have a raw site, i.e. strip the license headers from the xdocs
files and have basically no content.

View raw message