forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject mail is moderated
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 06:14:36 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> >> * Send the announcement, as described a few messages ago in this thread.
>
> > Beefed up the announcement with that neat new generator (see
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=111695995215534&w=2)
> > and sent it. Yeah!
>
> Sorry about sending this more than once. I had a few problems sending
> the announcement as ferdinand@apache.org because I never usually post
> from this address. And when they were fixed it seems that some of my
> rejects got processed after all.

Ah, you a misunderstanding how it works.

You are subscribed to the list as one address. When you send from
another address, then the message sits is a queue waiting for
a human moderator to approve it. I had to do that for this message.

There are three moderators for Forrest spread around the world.
My technique is: if they are a bone-fide poster, then i add them
to the "allow" list. So next time their posting goes automatically.
Just did that for your apache.org address.

I notice that we have not seen the announcement(s :-) to xml.apache.org
Perhaps the moderators of that list, whoever they are, have not
dealt with it yet.

-David