forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] final release candidate apache-forrest-0.7
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:25:14 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >When you are satisfied that the final release candidate is suitable,
> >then please vote. Anyone can vote, not just the PMC members.
> >As usual, the PMC member votes are the only binding votes.
> >
> >According to our project guidelines, we need a lazy majority
> >of active PMC members.
> >http://forrest.apache.org/guidelines.html#actions
> >
> >Testing and voting finishes on Sunday 2005-06-19 at 14:00 UTC
> >http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=20&month=06&year=2005&p1=48&p2=176&p3=240&p4=224&p5=213
> >
> >The code-freeze is still in effect.
>
> -1
>
> Sorry folks. I'm going to have to -1 this one because of the issue that
> Tim Williams spotted with respect to forrest.build.xml still having
> 0.7-dev as a version number. The effects of this are:
>
> - reports wrong version at start of build process
>
> - handling of some conf files is incorrect (see copy-conf target of
> targets/content.xml)
>
> - will result in the wrong plugin version being downloaded in some
> circumstances
>
> - will break skin package downloads (if there were any)
>
> Looks like David really can have a peaceful weekend ;-)

I did so, and didn't even look at email, until now.

Okay that is fixed now. Today i built another release candidate.
It is at people.apache.org/~crossley/forrest-07-rc3/

Ross when you are ready, please do the same for the
Windows release. I used SVN r191329.

After that we will announce the next test and start the vote again.

We should delay the release. I propose Monday 2005-06-20 at 22:00 UTC.
If Ross cannot manage to get the release built soon (perhaps away or busy)
then we will need to delay it a bit longer.

-David