forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject [Important] please test final release candidate
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2005 00:45:28 GMT
We need people to test the final release candidate on your projects,
especially on different operating systems and Java versions.
Just send a short reply to this thread that it works for you.
See method below.

Download the release candidate and supporting files:
http://people.apache.org/~crossley/forrest-07-rc2/

For Windows: apache-forrest-0.7.zip
For UNIX: apache-forrest-0.7.tar.gz
Get the *.asc and *.md5 that match your chosen download.

It was packed from SVN revision 191223
Java 1.4 or later is required.

If you want to verify the download, then follow:
http://forrest.apache.org/mirrors.cgi#verify

Otherwise just get on with testing.

Testing concludes Sunday 2005-06-19 14:00 UTC

Anyone can test, please don't leave it up to just a few people.

Here are some hints:

* Ensure that the compressed archive will unpack properly.
* Verify the release, especially if you are a committer.
* Follow the README.txt and index.html
* Set environment variables.
* Don't worry too much about minor bugs. We are looking
for blockers, such as it will not run. Many known issues
are recorded at our Jira, perhaps you can add more.

* Make a fresh site ...
cd my-new-dir
forrest seed
forrest run ... use the local jetty server.
forrest ... build the whole site from the command-line.
forrest war ... use your own full Jetty or Tomcat.

* Try it on the Forrest core docs ...
cd site-author
forrest run

* Forrest was already pre-built. Try building it again.
cd main
build clean
build
build test

* Try it on your own project, especially if you have
a project sitemap and use some extra plugins.

* Please report any problems to the mailing lists and
we will collate them in the issue tracker. Then we will
decide which ones need fixing now.