forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn: line-endings appropriate for your system (Was: svn commit: r190087)
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:44:47 GMT
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> >>every time i run forrest and then want to check in the new site into
> >>svn, i have to do this, or SVN will complain. running the command above
> >>fixes this.
> >
> >There is a problem if you need to do this. Perhaps there is a
> >file in forrest that has mixed line-endings, or you have some site
> >configuration files with mixed line-endings, or perhaps there is
> >a problem in one of the plugins.
>
> i for one, will be very happy if i no longer have to check in whole
> sites to do a site update :) for me, that is one of the key motivations
> to get doco working.
>
> the spike in http://people.apache.org/~coar/commits_lenya_apache_org.png
> is from my last 'commit the whole site' adventure. it sent 300 mails.

Well a lot of it is from someone's misconfigured subversion client.
I saw stacks of voluminous PDF diffs. That is because it has the wrong
svn properties. PDF should be not be treated as text. The example configuration
file [1] prevents such a mess.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn

--David