forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn: line-endings appropriate for your system (Was: svn commit: r190087)
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 17:37:47 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> > > But why would you do dos2unix on a windows system?
> > > Shouldn't it be unix2dos i.e. native?
>
> It has to be on a windows box dos2unix because our SVN server is set up
> on linux. With other words dos2unix = dos2native in our case.

No that is not true. The SVN property 'svn:eol-style native' ensures
that the line-endings are adjusted on checkout, to the native line-endings
of your operating system.

The following section of the SVN Book thoroughly explains the issue,
its impact on other developers, and the solution.
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/svn-book.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.3.5

--David