forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject svn: line-endings appropriate for your system (Was: svn commit: r190087)
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:23:20 GMT
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>
> >Have now taken the time to find and incorporate the setting for the
> >line endings (different in windows of course). I you still come across
> >faulty ones I need to stop using subsclipse.
>
> you might find this shell script for windows useful:
>
> for /r %A in (*.xml) do dos2unix %A
> for /r %A in (*.xml) do svn propset svn:eol-style native %A

But why would you do dos2unix on a windows system?
Shouldn't it be unix2dos i.e. native?

Each committer must ensure that patches and new files
have line-endings appropriate for their own system. Then ensure
that your svn client automatically sets the 'svn:eol-style native'.
http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn

People using fancy IDEs, i wonder if you would be better to do
your svn operations with the command-line client.

--David