forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about the release instructions
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:38:14 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> >The new ability might assist, but we still need the RELEASE-NOTES-0.7.txt
> >file.
>
> cd FORREST_HOME/site-author
> forrest run
> http://localhost:8888/releaseNotes_0.7-dev.txt
>
> What's missing from this document, I'll fix it while you folk work on
> other things.
>
> (note when the version number in status.xml has been changed then
> request http://localhost:8888/releaseNotes_0.7.txt, the warning about
> developer version will go and the version numbers will be right)

The trouble is (and this is why i have been saying lets stick with the
old manual method for now) that the build system grabs a copy of
the file RELEASE-NOTES-0.7.txt and packs it into the top-level of the
distribution. I don't feel like fiddling with the build system at
this stage. There is plenty more important to concentrate on.

--David