forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IRC
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 05:59:51 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> Do the Forrest dev's use IRC? Just wondering... if we have some users
> then maybe we can have an IRC channel for Forrest. It'll be great for
> small questions and interactive responses which sometimes gets
> cumbersome over email.

No. All Apache projects use email for everything. In this way, all
discussions are recorded in the mail archives so that people can
search and not keep asking the same questions.

What seems like a small question to you, might be all that was needed
for someone listening to finally understand some huge topic.

Also using IRC does not work for a global development community.
Some of us will be asleep and so would not be able to participate.
With mail, we can participate at any time.

--David