forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: documentation additions and issue tracking (Was: App vs Data) [moved from user list]
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 05:05:27 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > If you tell the list what your general aim is then
> > we can see what any legal issues might be. We can also
> > seek help from the Apache "legal-discuss" mailing list.
> It is actually quite simple to describe:
> I want to donate the concept for the English language version of our
> book to Apache while keeping all the rights for the German version to
> avoid any conflicts or problems with my publishers.
> The (potential) problem is that in the publishing world you can
> license the right to publish different language versions separately
> (e.g. to different publishers) but I'm not sure if that works with the
> Apache license.

I am not going to attempt to interpret the Contributor License
Agreement (CLA) for this case, as i still don't know the facts
nor what it is that you would actually be contributing.
Also IANAL so it would be misleading for me to say anything.

I suggest that the best way forward is for you and Ross to
present a clear case to the ASF Legal Discussion mailing list.

Until that is clarified, we cannot proceed with a proposal
for the Apache Forrest project to take such a direction.

View raw message