forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwakergu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Properties for views (Re: logic filters in views)
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:33:15 GMT
> Without per directory we need three files for every page - bad.

I agree. If Forrest requires me to create 3 files for each page, I'm
going to be concerned.

> With per directory config we need three files for each directory - good.

And of course, Forrest should always fall back to a default
configuration should these files be not present. IMHO, per file
configuration should be made possible (I'm sure there are some use
cases where this is required), but not mandated; and a per directory
configuration should be preferred; while the default stays how it is
now (or something close)
--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker