forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwakergu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [views] Headsup - today suddenly views haven't worked anymore
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 02:29:37 GMT
On 6/9/05, Diwaker Gupta <diwakergupta@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I learned from this that
> > select="document('http://xobjex.com/service/date.xsl')/date"
> > is a dangerous thing to do in contracts.

IMHO, here is the simplest solution:

o since we already use Ant, can we use the <tstamp> target [1] to set
some global property variable
o make sure this property variable is available to the contracts (so
that other contracts may also use it) OR
o pass the variable as a parameter to the contract (I'm not sure if
this is the right approach)

I don't know enough about how the Ant build files are setup right now
to integrate this, but it should be fairly simple for someone more
familiar with the system. I figure that since we are already using
this huge amount of Java, its stupid to write a Python program to
generate a date :)

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/tstamp.html
--
Diwaker Gupta